Friday, May 25, 2012
Thailand - Buddha's Delight
A special dish to help get your Yin/Yang in better balance. Especially popular during the Chinese New Year
- 15g. (1/2 oz.) dried bean curd skin sticks
- 1/3 cup (15g./1/2 oz.) dried tiger lily bulbs
- 3-4 tbs. (15 g.) dried wood ears (black fingers)
- 10 g. (1/4 oz.) dried black moss
- 50 g. (2 oz.) bamboo shoots
- 50 g. lotus root
- 50 g. straw mushrooms
- 4 tbs. oil
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tbs. light soy sauce
- 1 tsp. cornstarch mixed with 1 tbs. cold water
- 2 tsp. sesame oil for garnish
- Soak dried veggies separately in cold water overnight, or in warm water for at least an hour.
- Cut bean curd sticks into short lengths.
- Cut bamboo and lotus root into small slices.
- Heat wok.
- When hot put in half the oil and wait until it smokes.
- Stir fry all dry veggies with a little salt for one minute.
- Remove vegetables from wok and set aside.
- Add and heat remaining oil and stirfry rest of the veggies with salt.
- Add partly cooked dry veggies, sugar, soy sauce, stirring constantly.
- If it dries out add a little water.
- When cooked add cornstarch mix.
- Garnish with sesame oil and serve immediately.